03/07/2014

Remember me?

Hi there. It has been too long. Way too long.

So, what have I been doing since last July? That's nearly a year ago! Frankly, I got too caught up in other things to be creative. My job was getting me down and sapping my energy. I felt a bit rubbish about where my life was going.

I lost my job last month, which may be a blessing in disguise because I can now do some creative stuff. I am also fully prepared to start Brunel University's Digital Games Theory and Design MA in September, though losing my job messed up my plans a little. There are a couple of things to sort out, but hopefully this will still be a go.

On the plus side, I've been regularly spending time with the lovely Cardiff RAWSoc people. A lot of this has been playtesting my Character Building system, along with the Conspicuous Events add-on. While I haven't done any real writing on the rulebook for quite some time, the systems are much clearer in my head.

To mention another (incredibly) positive influence, my girlfriend has a blog set up over here: Challenge TAMLA! She has been raising money and awareness to fight Multiple Sclerosis. She has MS and has been pushing herself to do regular challenges, partly to show that MS is not the end, partly for the fundraising and awareness mentioned previously. She is doing phenomenally, especially given everything that she has to deal with. I am incredibly proud of her. You should go to her blog and have a look at what she's up to. You will probably find it informative and inspirational.

Here is something: I never uploaded a link to the video of the dorkbot talk that I gave last February. It is here. I very much enjoyed the experience. The annoying buzzing (that isn't my voice) stops after a couple of minutes, thankfully.



I am hoping to write up some sort of summaries of the various projects that I've started/worked on/conceived of and post them up here. It would be nice to be able to see all the work I've been doing in one place. Maybe people will then think that I'm less of a slacker. We'll see how that goes.

Anyway, that's enough about me. How have you been? Very well, I hope.

Take care, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment